Saturday, August 10, 2013

Gift Ideas from the My Kitchen - Cinnamon Vanilla Creme Syrup

Hi Everyone!  Every year I give gifts from my kitchen. They make great gifts for hostesses, teachers and especially for Christmas. Sometimes it's cookie mix in a jar, baked cookies, homemade fudge, etc...  And every year I look for new ideas.  I'll be sharing these gift ideas from the kitchen, along with ways to dress them up so they are ready for gift giving!

**All recipes have been tested on my husband and son  :)

Cinnamon Vanilla Creme Syrup:

1 c. corn syrup
1 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. water
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. evaporated milk

In a small saucepan combine corn syrup, sugar, water and cinnamon.  Bring to a boil for 2 minutes.  Turn off heat and stir in vanilla.  Let cool for 5 minutes.  Stir in evaporated milk.  Once cool, pour into your choice of gift giving container. Keep refridgerated.  (I used 2 jelly jars)



I love the color of this syrup and you can see the flecks of cinnamon throughout it so, to dress it up, I kept it very simple

I traced the inside circle of the lid onto a decorative paper from the Huntington collection.  I wrapped some landscaping twine around the jar - you could use many things for this: Ribbon, torn fabric, burlap, raffia...you get the idea :)  Then I stamped a leaf from the Fall Harvest stamp set in Ponderosa Pine ink and fussy cut it out.  I attached it to the twine with a glue dot.  


I think these turned out so pretty and so yummy!  I served ours over cinnamon waffles for breakfast this morning.  I would have gotten a pic, but they were devoured.  LOL

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!!!

August Special Sweetening the Deal - spend $50 and get the August stamp of the month for FREE!!




No comments:

Post a Comment